HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Unit Code and Title:
HLTAID004 – Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Qualification Issued: Statement of Attainment in HLTAID004 – Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
This qualification is valid for 3 years. The only component of this qualification that may need to be updated, is the CPR component. The Australian Resuscitation Councils recommends that CPR is renewed annually.
This unit of Competency has been approved by ACECQA and meets the required Knowledge and Skills for “First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and contributes towards the approved and accredited training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulation (2011).
Successful completion of this course, provides trainees with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide first aid response to infants and children, who are in an education and care setting, including Pre-Schools, Childcare Centre’s, Schools, and OOSH Centres.
Successful completion of this course, provides trainees with the knowledge and skills to:
• Understand the chain of survival – DRSABCD
• Manage the unconscious casualty
• Understand and perform when and how to deliver CPR including how to use an AED
• Complete a head to toe examination, and assessment of the casualty
• Diagnose an Allergic reaction and Anaphylaxis and how to administer medication including an Adrenaline Auto Injector
• Anaphylaxis Risk Management
• Diagnose an Asthma attack and how to treat the asthmatic casualty and Asthma risk minimisation.
• Control bleeding
• Treat choking
• Treat bites and stings
• Treat shock
• Treat medical conditions
• Manage fractures, sprains and strains
• Manage seizures
• Demonstrate safe manual handling
• Demonstrate debriefing
• Demonstrate incident reporting
Practical training of CPR requires that trainees perform CPR on an adult, child and infant manikins. Adult training is performed on the floor. Trainees with special needs either physical difficulties or literacy difficulties, should contact our office, so that assistance can be arranged for you, so we can ensure that your needs are met.
Course information can be found at www.training.gov
Issuing Registered Training Organisation
- Location: Onsite
- Prerequisites: No
- Course Capacity: 10
- Certificate: Yes